PCSA AGM ANNOUNCEMENT 2016
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Friday 4 November 2016 at 9am in the Children's Centre. Everyone is welcome to attend. The main purpose of the AGM is to elect the committee for the coming year and also to elect class reps for the year. Anyone can stand for any of the positions, provided you have someone to second you. The committee roles are as follows: Chair; Vice-Chair; Treasurer and Secretary. Any role may be shared between two people in order to spread the workload. Each class needs a minimum of one class representative, but can have as many as there are willing volunteers! Further descriptions of what each role entails is provided below:
The Chair of the PCSA heads up the committee is the main contact for all school communications and is accountable for all PCSA events and activities. In general this comprises:
• Organising and chairing regular PCSA meetings.
• Holding meetings with school PCSA contact to keep them updated with what the PCSA is doing and understanding how the PCSA can help the school.
• Organising or delegating organisation of PCSA events (e.g. Christmas Fair, Summer Fair, Spring Event, Quizzes, cake sales etc.)
• Having responsibility for the PCSA email account and sending out communications via email and/or paper letters.
The role of the vice-chair is to support the Chair or Co-Chairs in any way appropriate. Responsibilities include:
• Attending PCSA meetings.
• Help with organisation of events.
• Encouraging attendance at events
The treasurer holds responsibility for all the financial aspects of running the PCSA. This includes:
• Banking and the keeping of financial transactions and PSCA accounts
• Organisation of floats at PCSA events e.g. fairs and collection and counting of funds raised
• Collection and paying in of cheques
• Transfer of funds to the school as agreed by the committee
• Attending PSCA meetings and providing the treasurer’s address
The role of the secretary is to attend PCSA meetings and to take the minutes of the meeting.
The role of class rep is to attend PCSA meetings to represent the views of parents/carers in their respective class. They are responsible for organising their class cake sale, and helping out with other PCSA events where possible.
In addition class reps will get together with another year group to organise one event per year of their choosing. Example events are school disco, quiz, fun run etc.
The suggested groupings are as follows:
• Foundation Stage - Nursery (morning and afternoon) and Reception
• Years 1 and 2
• Years 3 and 4
• Years 5 and 6
This means that each event should have a minimum of 2 organisers, but most likely 4. Support for the events will be offered by the Chair, Vice-Chair and Treasurer as required.
There are some additional roles within the PCSA as follows:
Refreshments coordinator – we are asked to provide refreshments at many events throughout the year and have someone in charge to organise volunteers and ensure we have adequate supplies of drinks and biscuits!
Fundraiser – to help us raise money by requesting donations from local businesses, through researching contact details and drafting letters/emails.
© Copyright 2019 King Athelstan Primary School PCSA | Registered Charity in England No. 1142035 | Admin login